Unit 08
Winning a customer back
職場攻略/市場業務
Workplace English/Communication skills
BRAIN STORM
Share your ideas with your teacher and try to make sentences.
What do you think is the reason why customers do not come back in your shop?
VOCABULARY
Repeat these sentences after your teacher.
1. cut to the chase (phr.) 直奔主題
Let us cut to the chase and be frank.
讓我們切入正題,坦率地說。
2. discontinue (n.) 停用
Why did you discontinue using our product?
您為什麼停止使用我們的產品?
3. blunt (phr.) 直接,不繞彎子
You are so blunt, for a salesman.
對於推銷員,你真是太鈍了。
4. patron (n.) 客戶,主顧
If you will be our patron, you will enjoy discounts!
如果您將成為我們的主顧,您將享受折扣!
5. throw in (n.) 加上
They threw in these free screen protectors.
他們扔了這些免費的屏幕保護膜。
6. alternative (adj.) 選擇
We offer a variety of alternatives.
我們提供多種選擇。
8. customer service and support (phr.) 客戶服務與支持
Your customer service and support is nice!
您的客戶服務和支持很好!
Dialogue
Read the dialogue aloud with your teacher.
Thank you for meeting with me, Jake.
非常感謝你與我見面,Jake。
It’s not a problem. Like I said I was in the area, so I thought I’d stop by… So, how about we cut to the chase because I do have to be back to the office by 4 o’clock.
這沒什麼。和我說的一樣,我正好在附近,所以我想就順便過來。咱們直奔主題吧,我還得在4點前回到辦公室。
Okay, I actually wanted to ask you why you decided to discontinue using our service.
好的,實際上,我想問,你為什麼決定不再使用我們的服務了。
I’m going to be blunt with you, we are trying to cut costs at our company and we found a tech provider that offers a comparable service, but it’ll cost us 25% less.
我直說吧,我們公司正在削減成本,找到了一家能夠提供類似服務的科技供應商,但花費要少25%。
You have been a long-time patron of ours and I’m sure that we can find a way to accommodate your financial needs.
你是我們公司的老客戶了,我相信我們能找到方法,滿足你的財務需求。
I’m listening.
你講吧。
We can offer you a 10% loyal customer discount and throw in a few extra perks, like a free additional month of service.
我們可以給你10%的忠實客戶折扣,加上其他優惠,比如一個月的免費服務。
Actually I’m already getting a free extra month of service with the new provider and it’s still a cheaper alternative. And frankly speaking, we also had a few issues with customer service and support this past month.
實際上新供應商已經給我提供了一個月的免費服務,它依然是更便宜的選擇。坦承講,過去這個月我們和客戶服務與支持部門之間有些問題。
What kind of issues?
什麼樣的問題?
A few weeks back were having some issues with the service; you sent us to customer service and support so that they could solve the problem, but we didn’t hear back from them until a few days ago.
幾週前服務出了問題,你讓我們去找客戶服務與支持,讓他們來解決問題,但直到幾天前,我們才收到回音。
My sincerest apologies. I should’ve followed up with you after. And I’ll have to talk to customer service and support. I know most of their staff members are new, but that’s still no excuse. I hope we aren’t beyond redemption. At the moment you have our basic service. I can offer you our premium package at the same price.
我為此誠摯道歉。我本該回訪你們的。我會和客戶服務與支持談話。我知道他們的大多數成員都是新人,但這不能被當做藉口。我希望還有補救的機會。現在你用的是我們的基礎服務。我可以給你我們的超值套餐,價格不變。
Do I still get 10% off?
依然打九折?
Yes. And the premium package has a special promotion this month. The offer is that you’ll receive 2 complimentary printers when you sign up.
是的。而且超值套餐這個月有特別的推廣活動。你訂購時會得到兩個免費的打印機。
Perfect, we were going to replace some of our printers; they’re so archaic.
好極了,我們正好要換新打印機,它們太舊了。分享給朋友。在你意識到之前,這個視頻已經被瘋轉了。
And I’ll throw in 10 extra hours each month of customer service and support. Again, I’d like to reiterate that we sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction you may have had with our service.
而且,我再加上每月10小時的客戶服務與支持。我再次為你對我們服務的不滿意誠摯道歉。
Grammar
Transitional phrases (for speaking in a forthright manner)
Phrases that you saw in today’s lesson, such as “I’m going to be blunt…” or “…frankly speaking…” are considered transitional phrases. These transitional phrases are used to announce that the speaker is going to talk in a more familiar and totally straightforward manner.
1. To be frank, I’d like to go home now.
2. To be blunt, I agree.
3. Speaking quite frankly, I don’t like it.
DISCUSSION
Make a conversation with your teacher.
1.What will be your strategy to entice a customer to come back to your shop?